An Interesting Series

 

Hi, the truth is that I feel very repetitive with my historical type recommendations, I think I will have to look at other things!

But this series is too good if you like history and medicine, it's called "Call the Midwife". I started watching it when I became pregnant for the first time. I needed to understand what childbirth was like and what I was going to face.

The series provides a historical and social perspective on childbirth in the second half of the 20th century in a marginalized neighborhood in England.

Created by Heidi Thomas and based in Memoirs of Jennifer Worth. The serie has 11 seasons, but on Netflix there are only 5. I hate netflix for this, it always does the same thing.

Each chapter shows the case of a woman's childbirth, which is attended by a nurse. They deal with migration, public health and sexually transmitted diseases. It is very interesting to see how the way of understanding childbirth has changed.

I recommend watching it, maybe not every season because it takes a long time. But some chapters. Independent if you want to be a mother, it is interesting the way nurses treat women, much more personalized than in these modern times.




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 4. Changes to my study Programme

My favorite food