English Language, my torture

 

As I said in my first class, for me English is a kind of torture. But unfortunately, I feel that it is something I have to manage, because if I don't know, I am at a disadvantage with the rest of my colleagues. Also when you travel it allows you to meet new people.

Having English at the University has been a challenge because I haven't practiced it for a long time and I have a very bad base in grammar. And that has affected me a lot.

I think it is very good that the university is in charge of providing the tools and basic content to level the English of their students. The level in Chile is very low and only a few have been able to reach a good level in school.

I think that the university's English curriculum is good, and it covers all aspects. It allows you to know what is necessary to make yourself understood. Of course, a lot of practice is required.

I don't know if I like it very much, but I imagine it's a good way to evaluate. I think I like the older version of sending letters. A long time ago with a "gringo" friend we used to send e-mails to each other, I feel it was more sincere.

I need to improve many things. First make a big flip chart with tenses and grammatical and auxiliary forms. Increase my vocabulary, although I think I'm not so bad with that. But what I need most is to improve my pronunciation. And the only way is daring, that's why I try to go to classes as much as I can, even if it's a bit embarrassing.

Outside of class I don't use English very much. I try to teach my son some things. Actually, I use it to play that I speak English.  Sometimes I also read some pappers.

 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 4. Changes to my study Programme

My favorite food